Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jove in the 2nd from Ascendant good for India !


Dhoni became the first Indian captain to defeat Pak in ODIs in ten matches. It was India's
tenth win in 17 matches. It was India's first victory in CT over arch rival,
Pak. Indian bowlers, both pace and spin, bowled superbly to shoot out Pak
for 165. And India won by 8 wickets. Dhawan again top scored with 48.
Dhoni's decision to bowl first was justified. He had the rain in mind and
Pak's poor batting form.

Presentation Quotes:


Bhuvneshwar Kumar: 'There was some bounce on the wicket and I managed to
swing the ball a bit. I was a bit nervous but I knew that I had to give
100%. It has been a good experience to bowl in England. I went in with my
mindset that I had to bowl in good areas. I talked to the captain and coach
and they told me to stick to the basics.'


Bhuvneshwar Kumar was adjudged Man of the Match for his spell of 8-2-19-2.

MS Dhoni: 'I think the fan support has been there. It is always good to have
fans around you. We are doing well in all three departments and some
individuals are taking up the responsibility. It helps to have gloves on,
especially when it is cold and windy. We are the top fielding side in world
cricket and we need to keep the intensity up. We have been working hard on
good throws and I had to get behind the line of the ball to stop it. I will
be alright in 2-3 days (when enquired about his shin injury). Bhuvneshwar is
not very quick and he bowls in the right areas. He has taken early wickets
and he will improve as he plays more games. If one talks about the last 2-3
games, the middle order has not got many chances. In the warm-up games, the
middle order did get a knock. Our lower middle order is settled. We need to
gave Raina some net practice. We have to be at our best in this tournament
and we need to improve in our death bowling.'

Misbah-ul-Haq: 'Our performance with the bat was poor. The weather also
played a part. It was difficult for the guys due to many stoppages. I cannot
pin-point any factor as to why we performed poorly with the bat. We did well
in the warm-up games but I think we felt the pressure in the main
tournament. We cannot afford to be starting off slowly. One bad day and we
are under pressure. In these sort of conditions, the team really needs some
good performance with the bat. The bowlers did a very good job. I have not
enjoyed the tournament due to the performances.'

No comments: